I have such a fun time linking up to all the fun parties out there. And have learned some tips along the way, that might help you out!
Tips and Tricks!
1. The Earlier the Better it is to link up your post, because the more exposure you will get as people are going through the list either to post their own link or anyone else passing through.
2. It is nice to comment on Links that inspire you. Not only is it a friendly gesture. But I know that every person who has commented on the Hoops by Hand blog, I immediately go to their blog to see who they are, and see in what way I can support them by pinning posts on their blog, and liking their Facebook page.
3. Do not spend to much time Linking up that you get so sick of linking up that you never want to do it again! Slow and steady wins the race. Set a limit whether it be blogs you link up to or the amount of time you want to spend linking up to. Because there will always be more Link Parties out there and it will get overwhelming. Which is why I always support the Link parties who leave a comment on my blog and who I felt I have developed a relationship with.
4. When you are amongst the blogs linking every week, you will find opportunities to promote you blog. On Christina’s Adventures, and Naptime Creations, they were asking for someone who would like to guest post and I was more than happy to. And they were kind enough to let me:) I never would have known about it though if I had not been linking up to their blogs on a consistent basis.
5. Do not spend so much time Linking up that you do not have enough time to create something for your blog! Remember the content of your blog is the most important thing. Because lets be honest, Linking up to parties could be a full time job, with how many there are out there. So focus on your blog content and if you happen to miss Link Parties that week, you can always link up your project the next week. It is more important to keep your audience captivated!
Here are some Link Parties to help you get Started
101+ Link Parties – I appreciate the blogs that have a section where they link up to because when I was starting out, I did not know the first thing about where to begin, until I found My Girlish Whims and her list:)
Night Before Link Parties – These parties help me be on the top of the Link Party list when I am not able to link first thing in the morning.
Link Party Highlights
1. When someone leaves me a comment on Hoops By Hand I get so excited! Because of their kindness in leaving me a message, I try to respond to their message by saying Thank you or try to answer their question. I feel it is the least I can do for them taking time out of their day to leave such a nice comment.
2. Hoops by Hand was featured and to say that we were excited, would be a total understatement! When Hoops by Hand was featured, I instantly liked their page, became a follower and instantly became their biggest fan.
3. I love to pin a lot as I am browsing through the Link Parties while linking up my own. This helps the pinterest world because you are providing the most current ideas that are on the web.
Tales of the Shop
My parents are in California right now in fact they are at Disneyland. Why? Because they are bringing my brother Thomas and his lovely wife back home to Utah! I am a little jealous to say the least! This picture was taken on my Senior trip to California, it was a great trip and is known as the “Lighthouse trip” because while I was walking towards the lighthouse on the beach my family was looking for me… Luckily it all worked out, and my family will not let me forget about my ambitious walk:)